We all know what it's like when it comes to long holiday weekends, you want to make the most out of it, which can feel like a lot of pressure to find a cool party or event to go to. Don't let time fly by while you sit on the couch scrolling through Instagram or playing around with Snapchat filters, get out there and make this Memorial Day weekend memorable! We've compiled a short list of events going on in Orlando you should try to check out this weekend.
1. Mega Con Orlando - Mega Con Orlando is the Southeast’s largest comics, sci-fi, horror, anime and gaming event that is held yearly here in Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center. You can get an autograph or a photo with your favorite celebrity or watch professional comic artist battle it out in popular sketch duels or take a “How To” workshop and take photos with your favorite costumed characters. With over 400,000 square feet of shopping, Mega Con is also a great place to buy gifts.
9800 International Drive, Orlando FL 32819
Starting Thursday May 24, 2018 from 4:00PM-9:00PM
Friday May 25, 2018 from 10:00AM-7:00PM
Saturday May 26, 2018 from 10:00AM-7:00PM
Tickets start at only $20.00
2. The 2018 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival - Treat your senses to an array of vibrant displays and captivating experiences. The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is a fun-filled destination for guest of every age and the perfect place to spend the day digging up your sense of curiosity and discovery.
Running from Wednesday February 28, 2018 till only Monday May 28, 2018.
Park hours are Monday - Sunday 9:00AM – 9:00PM
Tickets start at $102.00
3. Orlando City Soccer Team VS Chicago Fire - Join hundreds of Orlando City Fans as the home team takes on the visiting Chicago Fire!
Saturday May 26, 2018
Orlando City Stadium
655 West Church Street, Orlando, FL 32805
The game starts at 7:30PM
Tickets start at $25.00
To buy tickets you can call 1-800-745-3000
4. Annual Orlando Carnival - The Original Orlando Carnival Association will host the 31st Carnival which is a family friendly festival celebrating the culture of the Caribbean.
Sunday May 27, 2018
The Camping World Stadium
1 Citrus Bowl Place, Orlando, FL 32805
Begins at 12:00PM till 10:00PM
Admission is $30.00.
5. The 27th Annual Orlando Fringe Festival - Featuring hundreds of theater, music, comedy and dance performances at venues throughout Ivanhoe village, centered on the lawn at Loch Haven Park.
Orlando Fringe is going on now through Monday May 28, 2018.
777 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803.
Tickets $0- $15.00
6. Movie Night in the Park - The City of Orlando will be showing the movie Zootopia at Lake Eola. Make sure to bring your soda and popcorn!
512 East Washington Street, Orlando, FL 32801
Friday May 25, 2018 at 6:00PM
Are you still looking for more to do? Check out some of our Orlando favorites here.